Knowledge Hub is a two-component system - a spatial and data repository within a web GIS application. The platform allows users not only to view the data, but also (spatially) edit, analyze, visualize and add data on multiple levels. Knowledge Hub provides a wide range of GIS functionality such as:
- Data visualization
- Exploring data and composing maps
- Creating, editing and exporting data
Knowledge Hub runs in your web browser, so it can run anywhere.
Quick overview video
The video provides you with an overview of Knowledge Hub and quick walk through its basic features.
Graphical user interface
The left side of the screen is taken by the application control panel and the right side is reserved for the map view. The control panel contains various components supporting the configuration of the map window and the use of various tools. These components are organized in tabs (e.g. Info, Content, Layer, Results, Personal); The map view can, in addition to spatial data, contain various floating components, such as navigation buttons, a zoom slider, buttons for managing the display for selected layers or layer groups, a scale bar, a coordinate display bar, etc.
The width and height of various panels in the UI can be adjusted.
For more information please check the individual sections.
- Left side panel with tabs. You can switch between the Info, Content, Layer, Results and Personal tab.
- Tool buttons - Print map, Share link, Directions and other tools (Import, Timeframe editor, Measure distance, Coordinates Converter).
- Language selection.
- Login/logout button.
- Tabs to switch between basemaps.
- Pan arrows and zoom slider for navigation.
- The scale bar - shows the scale of the map.
- The coordinates component shows the current location of the mouse pointer on the map.